New Patient Guide
Top Tips to Help You Prepare for Your First Visit
Thank you for choosing Rosedale Medical Practice as your preferred general practice in West Pennant Hills. We understand that visiting a new medical practice can be overwhelming, which is why we have provided some helpful information and resources to make your first visit as smooth as possible.
Questions? Simply give us a call at on 02 9680 9644 and we’ll be happy to help.
Meet Your Expert Team
At Rosedale Medical Practice, your team of dedicated healthcare professionals is committed to providing you with high-quality, compassionate care. Experienced doctors, Dr Corina Vidgen, Dr Jessica Chen and Dr Donna Jenkins, are currently accepting new patients and are passionate about getting to know you and your unique health needs.
Dr Corina Vidgen
GP, Available Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 1 in 4 Saturdays
Dr Corina Vidgen has been a GP for more than 10 years and believes that listening to people and their stories is a great inspiration and an enormous privilege.
- Paediatrics (Child Health)
- Women’s Health
- Sports Medicine
- Mental Health and Psychotherapy
Dr Jessica Chen
GP Registrar, Available Tuesday to Saturday
Winner of the prestigious Katherine Georgouras Prize in Dermatology, Dr Jess loves building relationships with her patients.
- Women’s Health
- Mental Health and
Dr Donna Jenkins
GP, Available Monday and Wednesday
Dr Donna Jenkins has been practicing medicine for over 10 years, and has gained further qualifications in the areas of paediatrics, women’s health, family planning, sexual health and is completing a masters of skin cancer medicine.
- Women’s Health
- Family Medicine, Preventive Care and Chronic Disease Management
Save time by filling out our online forms
Which form do I need to fill in?
New patient form:
Our new patient form captures important demographic information to ensure that you health record is up to date, and in order for us to provide you with the best care. Please fill this out if you are visiting our practice for the first time.
Transfer of records form:
Transferring to Rosedale Medical Practice from another practice? Our transfer of records form allows you to retrieve your medical records from your previous practice. Please print, complete and present this form to our reception team during your next visit to Rosedale Medical Practice.
Your GP may ask you to complete a K10 questionnaire. This is a tool used in the screening and monitoring of mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. If this is required, simply complete the online form. This will be reviewed by your GP, and used to guide the advice provided to you.
Book in your Translator
We understand that communication is key to good healthcare, which is why we offer translation services, including the Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS), National Relay Service (NRS), and National Auslan Interpreter Booking Service (NABS). If you require additional communication support, please let our reception team know at least 48 hours before your appointment.
Prepare for Your First Visit
- Write down a list of questions or concerns you want to address during the appointment. This will ensure that you don’t forget anything important during the consultation.
- Bring a list of medications and supplements you are currently taking, along with their dosages. This will help your GP to understand your medical history and provide appropriate treatment.
- Bring any relevant medical records, such as test results, imaging studies or hospital discharge summaries. This will give your GP a more complete picture of your health status.
- Be honest and open about your medical history, including any past or current illnesses, surgeries, or hospitalizations. This will help your GP to make an accurate diagnosis and provide effective treatment.
- Be prepared to discuss your lifestyle habits, such as diet, exercise, smoking and alcohol consumption. Your GP can provide advice on how to improve your health and prevent future health problems.
- Take notes during the appointment, especially if your GP provides important instructions or advice. This will help you to remember what was discussed and follow through with any recommended treatment.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions if you don’t understand something your GP has said. It’s important to have a clear understanding of your health status and treatment options.
- Follow up with your GP as needed. If you have ongoing health issues or concerns, don’t hesitate to schedule a follow-up appointment or call the practice to speak with your GP or a nurse.
- Be sure to discuss the importance of having a continuous relationship with your GP. Regular check-ups can detect potential health issues early and improve overall health outcomes.
- Finally, if you have any concerns or questions after the appointment, don’t hesitate to contact the practice. Your GP and the practice staff are there to help and support you.
Explore our Useful Resources
Stay Connected with Rosedale Medical Practice
We post regular updates on social media with important health and practice information. Please like us and follow us to stay connected!