Appointments and Fees
Important Fee Update 30th September 2020
Please note: Our fees return to normal from 1st October 2020, after we have been temporarily bulk-billing Telehealth consults for patients that fall within certain risk categories for the last 5 months.
Our fee schedule is the same whether your appointment is a face to face, telephone or video consultation.
Please note that due to Medicare requirements, Medicare rebates are only available for telephone or video consults if you have attended the practice face to face in the past 12 months.
Pensioners and children under 5 years of age are bulk-billed.
If you have any questions about our fees, please feel free to speak to our practice manager or any of our receptionists.
What To Know When Booking Your Next Appointment
Standard consultations are 15 minutes. When booking your appointment, please let the receptionist know if you require a longer consultation. We offer the convenience of online booking through HotDoc to make it even easier for you to book your next appointment.
We are a private billing practice and a fee of $70 is applicable for standard consultations. We offer bulk billing to Pension Card Holders and children under 5 years of age. All other consultations are privately charged and are to be paid on the day of consultation. For your convenience, online claiming allows you to claim your rebate on the spot.
Recall and reminder system
Our doctors use this system to follow up on your results and upcoming procedures. Patients are automatically enrolled in some reminder systems, such as state cervical screening program register, bowel screening or mammograms. Please let reception know if you wish to opt out.
Our reception team and nurses are not permitted to give out results to patients, unless specifically instructed by your doctor. In most instances, you will need to book a follow-up appointment with you doctor to receive your results.
Continuity of care
It is important to develop an ongoing relationship with your GP. This is particularly important if coming for results from your previous visit. Evidence shows that seeing the same GP results in improved patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.
We welcome both positive and negative feedback in order to improve our service. Please email our practice manager Gurleen Saini on email@example.com or leave a message in the feedback box in the reception area.
It is a good idea to discuss the complaint with us in the first instance.
- For consultations up to 15 minutes in length
- Medicare Rebate $38.20 from 1st July 2019
- Out of Pocket Expense $31.80
- For consultations up to 30 minutes in length
- Medicare Rebate: $73.95 from 1st July 2019
- Out of Pocket Expense: $66.05
- If you are a concession card holder, you may be eligible for reduced fees. Please speak to our reception staff for more details
- Our doctors are skilled in performing a range of procedures such as the removal of skin lesions and Implanon insertion
- The cost of these procedures will vary depending on their complexity
- Your doctor will perform an initial consult to discuss any procedure with you, and will be able to provide you with more information regarding fees during this consult
- Children 5 years and under
- Pension Card Holders
- Bulk billing of any consultations is at the discretion of each Medical Practitioner
- Patients must have a valid Medicare Card